Exploration, development and administration of existing mineral potential of the state to ensure optimum, secured and sustainable utilization of mineral resources for the socio-economic development of the people of Jharkhand under strict environmental safe guard.
- Intensive and extensive exploration to prove the reserves of mineral resources by application of state of the art technology.
- Development of the mineral resources of the State.
- Creation of the data base related to mineral resources and mining activities in the state for taking precise decision of investment in the mineral sector.
- Value addition and end use of minerals in the State.
- Creation of direct and indirect employment in mineral sector for the weaker section and common people of the state.
- Administration of mines and mineral concession.
- Enforcement measures for prevention of illegal mining.
- Collection of mining revenue, formulation of laws to monitor mineral exploitation and provide congenial environment for the establishment of mineral based industries in the State.