- Management of Public distribution System(PDS) operations in the State through efficient storage and distribution of foodgrains
- Undertake procurement of foodgrains, at Minimum Support Price (MSP)
- Ensuring availability of foodgrain, Kerosene oil through appropriate policy instruments including maintenance of buffer Stocks of foodgrain.
- Making foodgrain accessible at reasonable prices, Especially to the weaker and vulnerable section of the society
- Safeguarding consumer welfare through efficient functioning of Consumer forum and Consumer Protection Councils
- Distribution of other items such as clothing, sugar, salt etc. as per direction of the State Government