All Indian citizens who purchase a vehicle are eligible.
The District Transport Officer is the concerned authority for providing the service.
The owner first applies for the registration of his/her vehicle in Form - 20 along with the following documents.
- Form - 21 (Sale Certificate) issued by the Vehicle Dealer.
- Form - 22 (Road Worthiness Certificate) issued by the Manufacturer.
- Attested copy of a valid vehicle Insurance Policy/coverage.
- Attested copy of address proof at which vehicle is to be registered.
- PAN number or Form - 60 in two copies (except for 2 wheelers).
- Forms - 34 duly signed in case the vehicle is bought of hypothecation.
- Road Tax receipt as applicable.
Registration fee, Fitness fee, Choice Number fee (if registration number of one's choice is opted for), Hire-purchase fee (if the vehicle is held under hire-purchase) are charged during registration.
Registration fee: Varies from Rs.20/- to Rs.600/- depending on the make, model, size of the vehicle and vehicle usage.
Fitness Fee: Varies from Rs.100/- to Rs.400/- depending on the make, model, size of the vehicle and vehicle usage.
Choice Number Fee: Rs.5000/-
Hire-purchase Fee: Rs.100/-
Form - 20 (Application form)
Form - 60 (Form of Declaration to be filled by a person who does not have either a permanent account number or a General Index Register Number)